Sunday, June 03, 2007

It's only been a week

And yet it feels like forever. So last weekend was my cousin's wedding. You can see pics of that on flickr. Just spent a lot of time with family last weekend. Friday was the rehearsal dinner, Saturday morning the wedding, Sunday morning family brunch.

I have to say that make-up is totally not worth it. I mean, yeah, ppl told me my hair and make-up looked really nice and all, but I do not believe that spending 8:30-11:00 on such things is worth it. (OK, in reality it was maybe 30 minutes for the face, and 45 for the hair. . .everyone else was getting made up before me, but still!) You be the judge.

Onto more exciting things, I've learned how to extract the embryos from my amphipods and helped ordered primers for this unknown bacteria living in our diatoms. Yeah, I'm a nerd.

This Friday I went to dinner with high school friends for Julie's birthday. Sushi again! Then we went to Target to get Wii controllers, and I had my first go with the new game system. Pretty fun I have to say, but not as pretty graphics as the X-box. I like Mario Party, but I still love Viva Pinata.

Today is Sunday, and I spent it out in the field, helping my Prof and a collaborator get samples around the San Juaquin River area.

I am addicted to NPR. The shows make me think about things. In one segment they were discussing poetry and recitation competitions that are now held for young students. I love poetry, and I wish I could write it, but I'm terrible. It, like photography, seems to be eaten up by people in my generation. They produce prolifically. I feel very left behind, and primitive in those creative endeavors, and there's no way for me to keep up. I always think I'll have time later to write, to create, and then I never do. I'm not sure what to do about it, but I'm thinking.
Finally, a recent "To The Best Of Our Knowledge:"
segment about going green

1 comment:

Freecia said...

The wedding and reception looked really lovely!

My radio is usually on NPR for my commute but I usually miss the news in the morning. Maybe you can set a timer and create for 15 minutes a day. I like to get a little bit of knitting in every few days. Even if it is just shopping for more yarn/patterns.