Thursday, June 30, 2011

OK, I need to post more

Hello from the absentee blogger.


Let's see, it's almost July, so much going on. Here are the updates.

April:
Skied until April. Amazing right? It's been such a cold Spring, and mild summer. Is it just me or are the seasons totally shifting?

Melissa and Greg were in town for Freecia and Robin's birthday. So we went hiking and had dinner at the Fish House, which was nice.

Did Marriage Prep for a weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised. I felt like we had already discussed many of the topics they did bring up, and got time to talk about a few topics we hadn't thought of before. In general I felt good about the way it turned out.

May:
Buddy, Darko, and I got dry suit and rescue diver certified in Monterey. That was an exhausting, but totally fun weekend.

The weekend after I finally hiked Skyline to the Sea (with Buddy and Steve). I've always wanted to try backpacking it, and it was hard, but totally worth it!


Went hiking in the North Bay and had a delicious lunch at Sol Food in San Rafael with Sarah and friends. Went to a housewarming and then off to the End of the World party at Nick's house. Maker Faire was the same weekend and was totally fun this year. Lots to see and do, as always. I especially liked the small plastic DIY lanterns that we got.

Buddy's birthday was pretty chill this year; we had dinner at Red Lobster, his favorite. That same weekend Anu came to visit for a friend's wedding, and he stayed at my place.

June:

Then it was off for Nicole's graduation. Immediately after, it was off to Europe! I really had a great time in Munich, Praha, Wien, and Budapest. Lots of site-seeing, castles, churches, and historic places.

Back at home, we attended Sarita's wedding. Finally met cute Emma, Katrina and Paul's little one. That weekend we also got our engagement photos taken. (See the photos interspersed throughout.) We totally love them, and thank our photographer, Jenna!


There has been a ton of wedding planning stuff going on for me and Buddy as well. Choosing caterer, photographer, cake maker, florist, etc. etc. etc. Things are coming along ok. I'm still loving the Aquarium as our venue, and our church is quite pretty too. Some days I feel like we're totally set, and other days, I feel totally behind on planning!

Steph was in town this past weekend, it was so good to hang out with her. Melissa and Greg got back from Hong Kong, and so we all went down to Monterey for some group time fun- chowder, hiking and tide pooling in Pt. Lobos! Then Buddy and I left for Sha Sha and Amanda's housewarming party.

I have so many photos from these past couple months, and no time to actually go through all of them and post! I promise they'll be up soon!

Field work is going to start up crazy soon. I've been preparing for it, buying materials, making nets, and overall getting butterflies in my stomach about it all! Wish me luck!!!

No comments: