Monday, November 28, 2011

Oh wow, I have a few blog posts on deck and haven't published any of them!  So, I guess I should work backwards!  LOL!!!

November 2011:
Started the month with a annual review meeting.  I was super nervous about it, but it turned out ok, even though I had to meet with one of my committee members outside of the "joint" meeting, and I had to track down another prof.

Went into the field a couple times this month.  It wasn't until Thanksgiving that I actually got more terrestrial material than algae in my sample!

Buddy and I spent most of the first half of the month cleaning and prepping for our housewarming.  I really wish we could have done a more thorough job, but I think we got pretty far!  I feel like our place is at least livable; it was such a mess after the wedding!  I also made a bunch of pom poms to decorate, and it's been fun to put up the art we've accumulated.

There was a night at Raleigh's, the last, as there was a fire on Telegraph a couple weeks ago.  It's so sad.  There were a lot of students and a friend who lost everything...

There was an Occupy movement on campus which actually affected me greatly.  The brutality on the students, faculty, and community at UC Berkeely and Davis was appalling... I'm still very conflicted about the whole thing.

We went mattress shopping and bed shopping, we're really liking the latex mattress we got.  I feel like I sleep deeper.

We have also gotten so many new shelves, and we've filled almost all of them!  We have a ton of books, and fun stuff to display.  I have so much crafting stuff too!  I need to start making things.

Nov. 13 we went to Blue Bottle Coffee, and tried their cupping and tasting.  It was very informative and fun, but I totally overdosed on caffeine!  The same day we went to one of our fav restaurants, Marica's.  Yummy fish and chocolate souffle!

Nov. 20th we had fun at Dim Sum to celebrate Suzy's birthday.  Then we went home and prepped for the Housewarming.  I had a ton of fun at the party!  Here's a few of the highlight photos!
 cheese and crackers
 melting sugar on the creme brulee
 liquid nitrogen ice cream
 fun finger flingers!
Buddy and I went into the field on Thanksgiving day; then it was off to dinner at my parents house.  The rest of the weekend was spent pretty much lounging, which was nice.  
Homemade granola and waffles.  
 Salmon and cauliflower, YUM!
Fun making new ornaments!  :)

But now I gotta get working on presentation for lab meeting.  Ugh.

No comments: