Wednesday, November 30, 2005

and the end of Nov.

OK, so I don't think much has happened since I last posted, but an update was requested, and I guess I have more pictures to post, so here they are!
I got a new camera, that's why the pictures look infinitely better. Yay! new camera! So, let's see. The other weekend, some college friends flew in for the Big Game. We hung out, ate Mexican food, played video games and beer pong (both of which I won exactly once). At the Big Game, it was weird being on both sides at the same time. One of my friends is totally a Cal fan now that "he knows who's paying the bills." Halfway through I was so cold, and all I brought was my Cal sweatshirt. It was embarrassing, I looked like a traitor and fair-weather fan! But I was cold, and I left my good (Stanford) sweatshirt at home.

Thanksgiving was pretty good. Not too elaborate, but good enough, I guess. I never really eat much at these family gatherings if I am not totally in love with the food. That night I laid out almost all of the yarn I own, just to see it all out, but I will not post a picture of it, for fear of being ridiculed about how MUCH yarn I stash away! In any case, the next day my family and I went to SF. We checked into the Marriott by Fisherman's Wharf. Had a delicious fresh seafood dinner at the Wharf, walked around in the ridiculous cold, and visited the awesome bread factory. There we found out I was a multi-grain, and I won a loaf of bread which kept us warm (as a wind-breaker!) and fed us in the morning. Doesn't that bread look good!
That night the dads and the kids watched Transporter 2, while the moms watched the musical, "Menopause." It was funny, because the next day the moms led us to the Marina and to a craft fair featuring female artists. I bought a pretty silver and pink acrylic pendant.

Over Thanksgiving break, I also got to hang out with Tim. We watched Harry Potter, went shopping, ate at a restaurant in Berkeley(Korean BBQ, which was pretty good, and new to me), but most importantly I bought, and we played Katamari! I love that game, I am obsessed. I don't have a playstation, but now everytime I go to Tim's house, I'm going to have to play!

And finally, I have been thinking of entering an Ami. . .how do you spell this. . .crochetted animal contest on www.etsy.com. However, I'm afraid of signing up, who knows what people will think of my creations! In any case, I have an entry all ready to go. It's a sea slug! I think he's cute. Let me know what you think?

2 comments:

Freecia said...

Crud the blob is cute. And your stash? Uhhhhhh. Pardon me while I go into this corner and laugh.

Happy with the new cam? It looks pretty awesome!

P.S. You know you want to come to Alaska with me.

Freecia said...

And yes, I know the blob is a sea slug. I figured it wouldn't be bread with a tail and ears.