Wednesday, January 04, 2006

What happened to December?


So what happened after November you ask? Where was December? It went by like crazy! It was as crazy a storm as the one the Bay Area had a few days ago. By the way, HAPPY 2006!

Beginning of December was a horrid time full of paper writing and finals. Too much in too little time! Why do they have all that work at the END of the semester, rather than spread out over the semester. OK, probably my fault, but still! After all that craziness, I got to relax in beautiful Maui from Dec. 16-23. More on that in another post.

After Maui was family parties like crazy (with yummy food),
and knitting, knitting, knitting. As if I didn't do enough knitting during the schoolyear, I did WAY more during the Christmas season. The plus side was that everyone else was knitting too! Went out to dinner with my cousins Katrina and Sarita a few times, and went to the yarn store with them for as many times. . .In between the family and knitting, got to hang out at Tuan and An's for a holiday dessert party. That's where I showed off my lack of darts skills, but cunning ability to build long roads and settlements in Catan.

Melissa, Julie, and I were able to go hiking around Castle Rock State park, a few minutes drive up the road from my house. LOTS of pretty vistas, funny sandstone rock formations, and mushrooms!


The next day, the high school friends get-together was a success at Melissa's house, where we ate lasagna and threw wrapping paper at each other as we do every year. I think everyone went away with great "loot" and full stomaches rounded out by BJ's famous pizzookies.

Then the storm came, and my house lost power for over 24 hours, but we were lucky because apparently some ppl lost pover for over 48! It reduced us to knitting and shopping at the fully-lighted malls.

Now I'm just relaxing away before the new crazy semester starts.

1 comment:

babs said...

Happy post-holidays!! We need to catch up sometime!! BTW, how did you add the links part of your blog to your blog template?? I want to add a link to this blog from our group blog so the girls can keep up with what you're doing char!