Sunday, June 04, 2006

Can you cram any more states into one week?

I highly doubt it!
So, let's start from the beginning. . .the beginning starts after Disneyland.
May 5: Went to Cal Academy to study some nudibranchs, then spent a little time on Haight and Ashbury. . .shopping and eating. I really like the shops Kid Robot, Giant Robot, and Bang On.
May 6: Went into the city again to meet up with Melissa and Greg at Haight Ashbury. The restaurant I fell in love with there was called Cha Cha Cha. Definitely will be back to eat there again.
May 13: Went to Arch art store in the city and made my mom a Mother's day card. Got a haircut and sewed a lining into my pouch/bag.
May 14: Mother's day. . .saw my aunts for lunch. Then had dinner with my parents in Berkeley at Gregoire's. So delicious!
May 17: Went to Bodega with some grad students who were leading a field trip for 7th and 8th grades. Pretty fun!

May 19: Finally, freedom! Well, sort of. At least finals week ended.
May 20: I met up with Melissa and Greg for the ArtsFest 2006 Arts Expo and the 2nd Annual Asian Heritage Street Celebration.
May 22: Went to Davis for a conference and stopped at the Jelly Belly Factory

May 23: SETAC conference in Davis
May 24: Spend some time learning in the lab.
May 25: Off to the East Coast
Here's where the state hopping happens:
May 25: NJ
May 26: NYC - Shopped in Nolita, Soho, Little Italy, and the Garment district.

May 27: Drove through NY, CT, MA, NH, to ME. Yay, DRIVING! Got into Brunswick, ME just in time for my cousin's graduation from Bowdoin College.
This is what I think all of Maine looks like:


May 28: Ate seafood, and then shopped in Freeport, ME at the outlets.

May 29: Made our (Nicole and I) way to Boston, MA to check out Harvard Sq., the Fine Arts Museum,

Newbury Street,

Boston Commons (the park),


and Quincy Market.

May 30: Back in Edison, NJ, and then back to CA.
May 31: Evo-Devo conference at Berkeley
June 1: Evo-Devo conference. Late at night I was supposed to catch a flight to Chicago and then to Cleveland, but I went to OAK instead of SFO!!! Crazy-frantic me hopped onto Bart to go to SFO, and luckily I got on stand-by for a flight to Dallas and then to Cleveland.
June 2: Made it safely to Cleveland, OH
June 3: Tim's bro's wedding.

June 4: Flight to Chicago, Il, and finally back to SF and home to Berkeley.

2 comments:

Freecia said...

Crazy Cool!

char said...

I'm glad you found my site! I don't update too frequently though. . .every two weeks or so. . .and mostly it's just a place to post fun pictures I've taken. I like taking pictures. . .hehe.