Went to yet another wedding, in San Jose this time. Shaun (from Bio lab) and his girlfriend, Jenny, tied the knot.
Went to MBA with Tim, my sister, and her boyfriend:

Cute nudibranch pic huh?

Went to Tahoe for the 4th of July weekend. Lots of biking (like 16 miles, 8 of which were actual mountain biking) and kayaking:

I have been spending some time out in the field which is nice. We are sampling water and sediment from irrigation ditches for pesticides. I just took down one of our toxicity tests, and now I'm worried about the pesticide water that I was sloshing around in a week ago. Maybe I should be wearing gloves and protective clothing. . .Anyway, here's some pretty sunflowers in the fields near where I was working.

Finally, I have been crochetting again:

The new thing is that I've joined Gimme Your Stuff, an international swap. I've sent things to Sweden, and just sent some stuff to England. I'm now getting a package ready to go to France. Sending packages internationally is expensive, but it's worth it! In return for what I put together here in the US, I get things from the people I've sent packages to. Here's the first package I've received from Sweden! Isn't it great?!
My bear checking out the goods:

What was in the envelope:

Tim visits this weekend again, for yet another wedding. This time it's going to take place in MemChu! Congrats to Christine and Rob! Pictures of that to come later!
So that's where I've been! Sorry the updates are so infrequent, but I feel like not much happens in my life, so I have to save it all up for one long post!
No comments:
Post a Comment