Saturday, September 09, 2006

August: Tim visits

So, I'm catching up on posts now. For my mom's birthday my family went to SF, shopped, and watched Chorusline. The next day Tim came to visit. Aug. 11 was the Death Cab for Cutie concert. I like the cute white wooden houses on either sides of the stage.
Aug. 12 met up with Melissa and Greg for a Wine Bar, where I actually got pretty tipsy off of half a glass of wine. My excuse is that the menu said the flight was "not for the timid," possibly meaning, more alcohol content? Watched Melissa's friend play Japanese music at a Sake Bar, and passed these cute chocolate containers on the way.
Then watched Kiki's Delivery Service, which I actually really liked.
Aug. 13 Went to lunch in SF and then saw the Monet Exhibit again at the Legion of Honor. Here's what I think is SO SF (as opposed to Tim's pic on his site). Here's a picture of a new favorite store, Doe. No pictures at the special exhibit at the Legion of Honor, but lots of pics of other things, like sculptures. Here's my favorite pic. . . Here's one of Tim taking pics. And here's some of pretty paintings.



Outside the Legion of Honor you get some really pretty views.
We then met up with Melissa, Greg, Freecia, and James at a Japanese restaurant near Union Square, where I had to say good-bye to Melissa, who finally moved to St. Louis for grad school. She didn't even get to go to the Death Cab for Cutie concert! I'm wearing the t-shirt I got from the concert (which I love!). . .and now regret not getting one for her too! Melissa we miss you!!!

Afterwards we went to North Beach, checked out City Lights bookstore, and had Gelato.

OK, so my final note on this post is my new "collection." I have fallen in love with cute buttons and pins. I think the highlights of my collection are this pin I got at Whistler, and one I got at Doe in SF!

OK, that's it for now! More, probably tomorrow! 'night!

No comments: