Thursday, February 22, 2007

Too much going on!

Sorry, haven't posted in quite a while; too much going on at the same time.

Jan. 26: Mexican dinner with the guys. Maulik was in town with his girlfriend, and we celebrated his b-day.

Jan. 27: Moved into my new condo. Parents, Robin, and Ryan helped out. (Robin I owe you a dinner!)

Feb. 9-11: I got a great swap package from a swap friend in Sweden. It came the same day that Tim came to visit. Ate dinner at Kirala (overpriced but yummy). We basically spent the weekend hanging out with Ryan playing new board/cardgames (Ra and Saboteur). Got a couple new friends! So cute Tokidoki figures! Tim finally had fresh pizza from the Cheeseboard, and then we had dinner at Vik's. Delicious! On Sunday we went to see Flock of Dodos, a funny movie about the struggle between Intelligent Design and evolutionary scientists. and had dinner at Nan Yang (Burmese food).

Feb. 15: My new roommate (Genevieve) picked up her keys. She's actually Sheila Loanzon's (from SFHS) cousin, and she's pretty cool!

Feb. 16: Went into the city in the afternoon to meet up with Melissa, Greg, and Robin. Went to Daiso with them, and then picked up Greg's mom and went to Japan Town. Dinner was at Marnee Thai, where we met up with Freecia and James as well.

Feb. 18: More shopping. Met up for sweets at Max's with the gang.


Feb. 19: Bought my desk and side table. Put together the side table.

Feb. 20: Put together my desk. It was pretty complicated! Look at the half-way point
and the results!

Feb. 21: Picked up a package and look what was in it! Valentine's present from Tim! Then bought shelving (which actually doesn't fit into my closet! Will have to do something about that), and put it together. I'm becoming a handywoman.

Feb. 22: Changed headlamp light in car. Now I'm becoming a mechanic! Went ice skating with other IB grad students (paid for by the department)! :) Wow, I haven't skated in forever. It was a ton of fun and a ton of food!

Reasons why it's been a little much to handle, but I'm getting back on track: So, at the end of January, I moved into my new place. Then early that same week, my grandfather passed away. My sister came into town, and my parents made a trip to the Philippines. It was a lot to handle, but luckily it was early in the semester. Unfortunately, I got really behind in work, and moving has been keeping me behind. Thanks to all who were supportive during that time. It was definitely easier than dealing with my grandmother's death a couple years ago (something that I didn't really talk about, since it was much harder to deal with). However, since this was somewhat expected for a long time, it's been a little easier.

OK, that was a long post. That should cover me for a little bit. Once I'm more moved in and have real furniture, I'll post pics of my new place.

No comments: