Thursday, September 16, 2010

August 2010

This past month was pretty exciting in my mind.

I started the month out in the field, but came back in time to hang out with Goldie on her birthday. We went to the Exploratorium After Dark, and the theme was Nomads. There were fun gourmet taco trucks (got asian tacos, yum!), free succulents, and cool free posters. After, Buddy and I made our way to Triple Rock to enjoy my friend Theresa's birthday. Over that first weekend, we saw "Despicable Me" (LOVED IT!), went to Herve's good-bye BBQ, and Eric's birthday dinner in the city. On Sunday we went to the Oakland Museum to see the Pixar exhibit and to learn a little about CA history.

Went climbing on Monday and then spent the rest of the week in the field again! On Saturday, we got coffee with Cathee, went to lab, and then watched "The Other Guys" down in Mountain View. Sunday, we had lunch with Erik at IHOP and then celebrated my mom's birthday with a BBQ. Later that night we completed the wooden penguin model that we had bought at the Maker Faire last year! It worked out ok; it's not perfect, but it's still pretty darn cool.

The third week of August, I didn't go out to the field, it consisted of:
climbing
Mike's birthday drinks
coffee with Patrick
dinner for 8
1st year camping trip in Hastings
Diving in Monterey with Buddy and dinner in Carmel

I ended my August in the field again, but came back in time to see Scott Pilgrim and to go backpacking with Buddy, Suzy, and Peder at Point Reyes. First backpacking trip for both me and Suzy, and it was a great success! :)
The school year has started up again, and along with it comes GSI responsibilities for the Ecology class I'm teaching with David (Ackerly) and Bier.

No comments: