August went by in a flash.
We went to Tahoe, and it was an activity-filled weekend of kayaking and mountain biking. It looks like Buddy is sold on mountain biking!
On the 6th I flew to Portland for my first ESA Conference. I really enjoyed the conference as well as wandering around Portland on lunch breaks and evenings. I got home on the 10th, and that weekend, we had brunch at Plow for my mom's birthday, finally checked out a Super Happy Dev House, and had dinner with high school friends. On Sunday we went to Michal and Dan's baby naming and did some lab work.
We went into SF on a Friday night! On the 17th we checked out Rare Device (cute shop) and had dinner at Bistro SF Grill (yummy burgers). Buddy went to Don Pedro for Mike's birthday while I stayed at home to work. On Sunday I took a break and went to Berkeley Bowl with Nicole, saw her apt., and went to the Indie Mart with my family.
Saw War Horse with friends on the 21st; which was cool, but I guess I really don't love horse stories... Went out on another Friday night, this time to Photobooth SF and Off the Grid. Then on Sunday, I went dress shopping with Barbara. The following Tuesday we went to dinner at Bouche, Buddy's new favorite restaurant. He LOVED the salmon dish he ordered.
We've been really into Downton Abbey, and finished off the first and second season all in August!
Finally, at the end of August, I turned in my dissertation!
On the 6th I flew to Portland for my first ESA Conference. I really enjoyed the conference as well as wandering around Portland on lunch breaks and evenings. I got home on the 10th, and that weekend, we had brunch at Plow for my mom's birthday, finally checked out a Super Happy Dev House, and had dinner with high school friends. On Sunday we went to Michal and Dan's baby naming and did some lab work.
We went into SF on a Friday night! On the 17th we checked out Rare Device (cute shop) and had dinner at Bistro SF Grill (yummy burgers). Buddy went to Don Pedro for Mike's birthday while I stayed at home to work. On Sunday I took a break and went to Berkeley Bowl with Nicole, saw her apt., and went to the Indie Mart with my family.
We've been really into Downton Abbey, and finished off the first and second season all in August!
Finally, at the end of August, I turned in my dissertation!

No comments:
Post a Comment