5/11 Friday was a busy day. I drove down to Stanford for a Science and Religion symposium. Then went back to Berkeley for lab mtg, after which I picked up Buddy at work only to drive back up for Erin's graduation party.
5/12 Although graduation day, we decided to brave the trip to campus to pick up my bike so that we could Bart to SF for Balloonacy. It kind of stressed me out to be near campus while it was so busy, but we got to have Sunnyside Cafe. In SF, we spent a lot of time in line, but Patrick, Garmay, and Evan met up with us to join in the fun at Balloonacy! Afterwards we biked to Zeitgeist to meet up with Marc & entourage. We Bart'ed and biked back home to watch X-men First Class.
| Bike to Bart: 2.7 mi one-way, 5.4 mi round-trip |
| Bike around the Mission: 2.8 mi |
5/15 Graduation day. We had lunch at Crepevine. Then it was quickly time for graduation at the Greek Theater. It was a little crazy, but for some reason I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. The hooding was a bit awkward, but in the end, I'm glad I did it! I thought Mary wouldn't make it, but she did! Also, sitting next to Wil was definitely like sitting next to a superstar, because there were so many Wil fans in the crowd. We had a delicious dinner at Marica's afterwards.
5/17 Happy Birthday Buddy! We celebrated at Le P'tit Laurent in SF. It was quite delicious, especially the pain perdu!
5/19 Got coffee and food for the trip to Point Reyes. Also, after finishing a draft of my manuscript, Buddy said I could get a Balloon!!!! :) I love it!
Stopped to meet everyone at Point Reyes Station, where we got BBQ at the local market and lunch at Cowgirl Creamery. Then we stopped at Drake's Bay Oysters to pick up 3.5 dozen oysters!
We hiked the Laguna-Coast trail loop and when we got back to the car, we had an oyster and cheese picnic. So delicious. Afterwards Barbara and Mike left us, and we gorged ourselves with soufflees at Marica's. :)
5/20 Maker Faire 2012! SO many things to see, but also WAY too crowded. I think my favorites were the conductive paint, conductive threads, and 3D printing. I have so many new ideas now. :) Afterwards we had Pho and viewed the solar eclipse.
5/21 Meeting with the advisor, and I feel like I'm getting somewhere! I spent the evening painting again; I'm loving getting the time and inspiration to paint again.
1 comment:
Cute grad photo! And thank you for the awesome oyster shucking. They were yummy yum yum.
Post a Comment