Monday, May 07, 2012

May sneaks up on me!

4/24  Steak month #3 at L'ardoise Bistro.  I ordered the duck, and Buddy got the steak.  I liked the steak here the best.  The sauce was pretty good, and it was cooked well.  The duck wasn't the best I've ever had, but that's ok.  The bread pudding wasn't my favorite either, and I think the creme brulee actually had too hard of a crust (if that's even possible!).  The fries were delicious too.

4/27  Dinner at Nola's for Robin's birthday.  I ordered dessert first!  The beignet's were delicious!

4/28  We took Robin to Point Lobos for a birthday hike.  We did the long hike around the park (about 3-4 miles).  So scenic!  We stopped at the Aquarium and checked out the new jellyfish exhibit, then had dinner at Fish Hopper.

4/29  Biked to Temescal Farmer's Market.  Stopped at Blick on the way home and picked up some paint palettes.  Went to Michal's baby shower; she's getting big!  After a nap, we got a bit of arts and crafting done.  :)
Temescal Farmer's Market Ride: 7.1 mi round-trip
5/2  Today was Dinner with a Scientist at the Oakland Zoo!  It was totally fun, and I hope Buddy and I get to do it together later this month.  I picked up Buddy at Caprino's and had "second dinner" there.

5/4  Went into lab in the morning, and then met Buddy at San Mateo for The Avengers with his co-workers.  It was totally fun!  Then Buddy took the rest of the day off and we hung out at Haight-Ashbury and had dinner at Cha Cha Cha's.  Then we headed to the Mission for a couple art gallery shows.  Totally out and about on a Friday night for once!  lol!

Eggling from Goldie!  Full of pepper seeds.
5/5  Had brunch at 900 Grayson with Kate; it was good to catch up with her!  Then Buddy and I worked on projects at home before going to the comic book store for free comic book day.  We missed all the good comics, but picked up a bunch of free comics and the next issues of our favs and read them at Bittersweet!

5/6  We biked to the Farmer's Market again, but my allergies were going CRAZY!  Then we re-potted our plants and planted peppers, strawberries, and basil!  :)  That didn't make my allergies better though.  We met Erik and he and Buddy went climbing at Planet Granite Sunnyvale before our flower-making at BAGI.  The flower-making was even more fun than the hearts, because we got to do more of it on our own; the instructor was great.  We had dinner with Leigh at BJ's, and were home in time to watch Once Upon A Time.

No comments: