Monday, January 30, 2012

Uh oh, hands and arms hurting

So I've been doing a lot of knitting lately...the other week I knit up three projects, and this past week I knit up three more.  Now my hands and arms are hurting.  I don't think it's just the knitting though.  My laptop touchpad hurts my arms, driving has been hurting, and climbing and snowboarding have been quite a strain...what to do other than rest them?

Overview of the week:
Last week we went climbing on Monday, and I did quite a few hard climbs (10c/d's).  So my arms are feeling buff, but also tired.  I added biking in between climbs, for a total of 3, 3-minute, miles.  Had dinner at Delarosa, which was yummy, as always!

I had lunch with Patrick on Tuesday, and I got a bunch of work done at a new coffee shop: Sacks.  They have a good Chocolate Chai.  I knit up a new infinity scarf, which I LOVE called the Marian.  I really like the designer.

Wendesday I went to SFNola in the city with Nicole and Buddy, which was cool.  I almost felt too old to be out on a Wednesday night.  Unfortunately, didn't get much done during the day, as I was helping Nicole with resume and cover letter stuff.

Thursday I had a meeting with my advisor, which made me feel much better about post-docs.  She said to just concentrate on writing, and worry about post-docs later.  Later that night I went into SF for dinner at Tommy's Joynt with Erik and Buddy, and drinks at Bourbon and Branch with my old Friday Harbor roommate, Amanda.

Friday I really just bummed around.  :(  Although later that night, we went to Marica's where we had a yummy dinner and 4 desserts!  :)

Saturday we hung out with my old climbing friends and celebrated Kate's b-day wine-tasting in Healdsburg.  It was a beautiful day out!

Sunday we went skiing again and planted my seedbomb.  I can't wait to see how the seedbomb turns out!


No comments: